Vodacom is committed to addressing the ICT skills shortage in South Africa. To address this need, we provide fifty students with bursaries annually to study in fields in which there are skills shortages. Top-achieving students from disadvantaged communities are chosen to study in the ICT and engineering sectors.
Since the scheme was started in 1999, more than 1 000 bursaries have been awarded.
Areas of study
Applicants can apply for a Vodacom Foundation Bursary if they intend to gain a qualification in one of the following fields of study:
Engineering and Operations:
- Electrical or Electronic Engineering (Light Current only);
- University of technology Diplomas and Degrees in similar areas of study.
- BSc Computer Science;
- BSc Computer Engineering; or
- Information Systems
- University of technology Diplomas and Degrees in similar areas of study
Who is eligible to apply?
Applicants need to meet the following requirements to apply for a Vodacom Foundation Bursary.
- must be a South African citizen
- must undertake full-time undergraduate studies in a South African tertiary institution
- be a member of a family who’s total household income does not exceed R150 000 per year
- must pass Grade 12 with exemption
- must obtain a minimum “C” symbol in both Mathematics and Science Higher Grade
- must be younger than 25 years
- may apply if already in his/her first year of studies in an accredited South African tertiary institution and meet
- all criteria above
Before submitting your application, please consider our eligibility requirements and answer the following questions: If answers are not yes to all, please do not apply.
Am I applying for the correct field of study?
Did I obtain the minimum academic requirements?
Am I using the correct bursary application form?
Am I a South African Citizen?
Only long listed candidates will be contacted, if you are not invited for an initial interview, consider your application as unsuccessful.
Please note that preference will be given to historically disadvantaged individuals
The bursary scheme is presently administered by Career Wise.
For further information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vodacom also has an extensive programme of learnerships and internships in the field of Information Communication Technology as well as various aspects of business management.
How do I apply?
To download a Vodacom Foundation Bursary application form, click here
Applications for bursaries open yearly on 1 March, and must be submitted by 30 June.