The CSIR has an Internship opportunity for Self-Contained Self-Rescuer Laboratory in the Mining Testing and Training Impact Area within the Mining Cluster.
The SCSR laboratory tests a representative sample of SCSRs from the mines to assess their structural integrity and life-saving potential. The position is based in Johannesburg.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A National diploma in Mechanical Engineering;
- One year exposure in a mechanical testing laboratory environment will be an added advantage;
- Must have good understanding of test methods and procedures;
- Must be able to pay attention to detail and the ability to work accurately and well under pressure;
- Must have good interpersonal skills;
- Must have strong sense of responsibility;
- Must be computer literate and competent in MS Office;
- Good written and oral communication skills;
- Technical aptitude to understand the operation of equipment and test software on the computers; and
- Exposure in ISO 17025 training and/or ISO 17025 accredited laboratory would be an advantage.
How to Apply
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
For more info, please contact the CSIR Recruitment Centre on 012 841 4774 or email us at Recruitmentinfo@csir.co.za
Opportunity Closing Date: Tuesday, June 30, 2020