We want self-starters and innovative thinkers who understand deadlines to help us reach our long-term goals.
If you’re a young professional looking for valuable experience at one of South Africa’s leading banks, Nedbank can offer you opportunities to develop and grow your skills to expand your horizons.
We’re looking for learning agility, technical depth and professional breadth.
You should have hard skills in your area of expertise, combined with big-picture thinking.
We want drive and ambition, tempered by the ability to work in teams and share credit.
Build into Nedbank and we’ll build into you, offering you a growing professional network, hands-on experience, and a growth path to where you want to be.
- Seek opportunities to improve business processes; models and systems by identifying and recommending effective ways to operate and adding value to Nedbank.
- Contribute to the Nedbank Quants Training Programme by pro-actively participating in programme committees/structures (E.g. marketing committee, recruitment committee and social committee). This is called ‘programme involvement’. The objective of this participation is to enhance their personal and professional development whilst adding value to the Nedbank Quants Training Programme.
- Ensure business needs are met by engaging and assisting business through face to face interaction and attendance at forums and committees
- Assist the business to address queries by extracting and analysing data.
- Ensure continuity and knowledge base through documenting and recording processes and models.
- Ensure compliance to policy through data analysis and monitoring.
- Establish understanding of processes by bridging the gap between operational and analytical concepts through communication.
- Improve personal capability and stay abreast of developments in field of expertise by identifying training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from managers as well as sharing knowledge and industry trends with the team
Postgraduate degree (Honours) with majors in mathematics, statistics, actuarial science, engineering, quantitative risk management, applied mathematics
Postgraduate degree (Honours) or Masters degree with majors in mathematics, statistics, actuarial science, engineering, quantitative risk management, applied mathematics
- Conducting root cause analysis
- Analysing situations or data that requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors
- Developing ways to minimize risks
- Influencing stakeholders to obtain buy-in for concepts and ideas
- Working with a group to identify alternative solutions to a problem
- Interacting with diverse people
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Interacting with various levels of management
- Managing multiple projects
- Business Acumen
- Industry trends
- Microsoft Office
- Principles of project management
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
- Risk management process and frameworks
- Business writing skills
- Microsoft Excel
- Quantitative Skills
- Applied Learning
- Earning Trust
- Stress Tolerance
- Driving for results
- Continuous Improvement
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills