City of Johannesburg – Traffic Warden
Company: City of Johannesburg
Job Title: EPWP Traffic Warden
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng
Closing Date: 10 May 2022
The City of Johannesburg (CoJ), Public Safety (JMPD) Department has the following short term contract opportunities for a period NOT exceeding eighteen (18) months.
DEPARTMENT: Public Safety
DESIGNATION: EPWP Traffic Warden
REMUNERATION: R3 800pm (no benefits)
PRIMARY FUNCTION: To patrol an area as assigned for the enforcement of general law and order in terms of National Road Traffic Act, CoJ By-laws.
- Assist in prevention of Crime and Maintain Law and Order to ensure the Execution of Duties based on the Batho Pele Principles.
- Enforce and execute the provisions set out National Road Traffic Act, CoJ By-laws to ensure Public Safety Service Delivery based on the Batho Pele Principles.
- Participate in community related services to ensure public safety service delivery based on the Batho Pele Principles.
- Assist in executing crime prevention functions to ensure public safety delivery based on the Batho Pele Principles
- Grade 12 and driver’s license
- Will be trained as Traffic Warden
- Knowledge of the city’s by-laws
- Knowledge of National Road Traffic Act
- Act with Integrity
- Salary Offer R3 800 per month
- Address Johannesburg, Gauteng
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5