Company: Gauteng Department of Infrastructure Development
Job Title: Personal Assistant
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng
Closing Date: 04 October 2022
Gauteng Department of Infrastructure Development: Personal Assistant
- Reference Number : refs/015058
- Number of Posts : 2
- Directorate : Branch Health Infrastructure, Maintenance and Technical Portfolio Services
- Package : R 261 372.00 per annum plus benefits
- Perform advanced typing work.
- Compile realistic schedules of appointments.
- Coordinate with and sensitize/advise the Manager regarding engagements.
- Record the engagements of the Manager.
- Ensure the effective flow of information and documents to and from the office. Ensure the safe keeping of all documentation in the office in line with relevant legislation and policies.
- Scrutinize routine submissions/reports and make notes and/or recommendations for the Manager. Obtain inputs, collate and compile reports, e.g., Progress reports, monthly reports, management reports.
- Respond to inquiries received from internal and external stakeholders.
- File documents for the Manager and the business unit where required.
- Coordinate travel arrangements.
- Handle the procurement of standard items like stationery and refreshments. Coordinate logistical arrangements for meetings when required.
- Scrutinize documents to determine actions/information/other documents required for the meetings.
- Record minutes/decisions and communicate to relevant role-players, follow-up upon progress made. Prepare briefing notes for the Manager as required.
- Collect and coordinate all the documents that relate to the Manager’s budget.
- Assist the Manager in determining funding requirements for purposes of MTEF submissions. Keep records of expenditure commitments, monitor expenditure and alert the Manager of possible over and under spending.
- Check and correlate BAS reports to ensure that expenditure is allocated correctly. Identify the need to move funds between items, consult with the Manager and compile draft memos for this purpose. Compare the MTEF allocations with the requested budget and inform the Manager of changes.
- A Secretarial Diploma at NQF Level 5 or Equivalent as recognised by SAQA or related qualification.
- A minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience in rendering an administrative support service to Executive Management or similar Office.
- COMPETENCIES: Knowledge of DID strategies, policies and plans. Financial management.
Skills and Attributes:
- Problem solving,
- Planning and organizing,
- Computer Literacy.
- Team worker,
- Responsible and Reliable.
In line with the Department’s employments Equity Plan, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES are encouraged to apply.
Application must be accompanied by the New Z83 form, (download here, or obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.dpsa.gov.za/documents, and a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Salary Offer R21,781.00 per month
- Address Johannesburg, Gauteng
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5