Job Title: Engineering Learnership
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng
Closing Date: 11 September 2022
Minopex: Engineering Learnership Programme 2022/2023
The purpose of this position is to enable Learners to be trained and developed to become qualified Engineering Artisans.
Duties & Responsibilities
Learners will be required to successfully complete a structured learnership training programme and must be prepared and willing to train and work in the training centre, metallurgical plants etc. and the Learners will be subjected to work under close / direct supervision of Qualified Artisans.
Minimum Grade 12 with Maths & Science or N2-N6 or NCV Level 4 with relevant trade subjects:
- FITTING (including Machining): N2 Fitting Trade Theory, Engineering Drawing, Maths & Engineering Science.
- PLATER WELDER: N2 Plater Theory, Plating and Structural Steel Drawings, Maths & Engineering Science.
- ELECTRICAL: N2 Electrical Trade Theory, Industrial Electronics, Maths & Engineering Science.
- MILLWRIGHT: N2 Maths & Engineering Science plus:
- N2 Fitter Trade Theory & Engineering Drawing;
- N2 Electrical Trade Theory Science & Industrial Electronics
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to work as part of a team and individually
- Technical acumen
- A valid Driver’s Licence will be advantageous
- Applicants will be required to undergo and pass a medical fitness assessment and any other assessment deemed necessary for the field of application
- Candidates will also be required to undergo a psychometric assessment and panel interview for selection purposes
- Candidates must be able to travel for practical training purposes
How to Apply
- Address Johannesburg, Gauteng
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5