Dis-Chem Pharmacies: Clinic Receptionist
Company: Dis-Chem Pharmacies
Job Title: Clinic Receptionist
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape
Closing Date: 18 May 2022
Dis-Chem Pharmacies’ has an opportunity available for a Clinic Receptionist to join their Table Bay store in the Western Cape. The main purpose of this role will be to attend to patients on the phone and in person. Coordinate and organize appointments and documentation to facilitate the smooth running of the clinic and support the delivery of quality patient care.
- Register patients according to established standards.
- Assists patients in completing necessary medical forms including medical insurances.
- Monitor and maintain the clinical equipment, stationery and medication required.
- Inform patients of clinic procedures and manages patient’s records.
- Open new patient files according to standard procedures.
- Ensure patient information is correct.
- Process medical aid payments.
- Move patients through appoints as scheduled.
- Obtain medical reports if required.
- Ensure the reception area is clean and maintained to safeguard the patient’s privacy and confidentiality.
- Answer all incoming calls within a reasonable time according to Dis-Chem standards.
- Use proper telephone etiquette when speaking with patients over the phone.
- Give relevant and accurate information to callers regarding their requests, questions or concerns.
- Ensure to take down caller details on all calls that come through to the switchboard for the third time, and email the relevant staff.
- Ensure you are taking the correct message from the callers – repeat the message to the caller for confirmation.
- Take extra care when taking caller contact details – repeat the details to the caller for confirmation.
- Ask the caller adequate question to ensure the correct message is transferred.
- Ensure that messages or calls get transferred to the correct person at all times.
- Assist walk-in guests in reaching staff for in regards to meetings and/ or deliveries.
- Provide customers with area codes, work telephone numbers and other relevant information when requested.
- Ensure customers, guest and callers receive relevant feedback, within good time, regarding queries.
- Helps patients in distress by responding to emergencies.
- Advice and assist patients regarding medical aid authorisation procedures.
- Follow up with patients regarding any feedback requested.
- Grade 12 / Matric
- Ability to work under pressure
- Deadline driven
- Follow and give oral and written instructions
- Address Cape Town, Western Cape
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5