- Offered Salary 1000
- Career Level Student
- Experience Fresh
- Gender Male
- Industry Development
- Qualifications Certificate
Job Title: Electrician Apprentice
Reference Number : 30012742
Transnet SOC Limited is a focused freight transport company delivering integrated, efficient, safe, reliable and cost-effective
services to promote economic growth in South Africa. Transnet’s core businesses are: Transnet Freight Rail, Transnet Engineering, Transnet National Ports Authority, Transnet Port Terminals and Transnet Pipelines.
As part of Transnet Human Capital Development Strategy, Transnet Engineering is offering comprehensive bursaries to applicants to be trained as Apprentices/Artisans
- Attend theory training
- Write knowledge review tests
- Participate in the practical training component
- Perform workplace component and record progress in the logbook
- Complete training request form to request assessment and submit to Trainer
- Prepare for trade test
- Complete assessment and evaluate assessment process
- Receive feedback of final assessment results
Qualifications & Experience
- NTC2 with 4 relevant trade subjects passed or
- National Certificate (Vocational) Qualification NQF Level 3 or higher with relevant 7 subjects passed or
- Technical Matric including Pure Mathematics and Physical Science passed with relevant trade theory
Attention to detail
Theory, practical training & On the Job training
NB: ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
• Applicants must be SA citizens without any other bursary obligation from other organisations.
• Preference will be given to applicants considered as South African Youth (under the age of 35)
• Appointments will be made in terms of the Company’s Employment Equity Plan and Recruitment and Selection Policy.
• All training will be done in the relevant Transnet School of Engineering Campus and/or any other accredited Training
institution preferred by Transnet.
• No accommodation and transport assistance will be provided before, during and after appointment.
• On successful completion of the program, there is no guarantee for permanent employment and you will be released to look for work in the market. This is only a training opportunity.
• If you have not been contacted within one month from the closing date of this advert, please accept that your application was unsuccessful
How to Apply
Application Methods: Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted
E-mail : Recruitment.BFX@transnet.net
The closing date is on 15.02.2021. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to CLIFFORD.KHOETE@TRANSNET.NET.