- Offered Salary 1000
- Career Level Manager
- Experience 2 Years
- Gender Male
- Industry Development
- Qualifications Diploma
DC Trainee Manager
Company: Dis-Chem Pharmacy
Job Title: DC Trainee Manager
Location: Midrand, Gauteng
Closing Date: 25 April 2021
Dis-Chem Pharmacies’ Distribution Centre in Midrand has an opportunity available for a Trainee Manager to join their Outbound team. The main purpose of this role will be to achieve operational excellence within Dis-Chem Distribution, by assisting the Outbound Manager.
- Optimal planning and forecasting of department resources to meet the daily strategic objective defined by the quantity of orders in the system.
- Ensure that customer orders and jabs are pulled daily and that Wave item clearing is maintained with no orders in excess of 2 days.
- Ensure that the system is monitored and cleaned up by using the management tools available on SAP EWM.
- Ensure that all stock is received and packed away and accurately maintained on the system.
- Assist with implementation and optimization of new projects related to improving the efficiency of operations.
- Ensure that all equipment is maintained and in safe operating conditions.
- Ensure that picking/ replenishment stats are monitored to ensure that productivity and accuracy targets are met.
- Ensure that resources and queues are monitored and optimised as per operational requirements.
- Ensure that Picking Supervisor’s sign off discrepancies and that picking aisles are neat and product integrity is maintained.
- Ensure that put away and replenishments are done efficiently as per operational requirements.
- Ensure that all stock discrepancies are reported to the inventory team.
- Ensure that checking staff maintains a high standard of accuracy during the checking process.
- Ensure that stock is packed in the correct size boxes/ totes and is correctly sealed and labelled.
- Ensure that all stock leaving their area is scanned and all discrepancies are resolved.
- Ensure that stock is packed in a manner that will prevent cross-contamination and damages during transport to stores.
- Ensure targets set by management are met and reported.
- Grade 12 / Matric
- Transport Management or Supply-Chain / Logistics Degree or Diploma
- Minimum 1-2 Years of Management experience in Distribution, Logistics or Supply Chain Environment
- Computer packages –Microsoft Office
- Experience in the Retail/Pharmaceutical Supply Chain
- Experience with SAP, EWM or other ERP systems
- Ability to work under pressure
- Deadline driven
- Demonstrate an understanding of the necessary leadership principles, values, principles of behaviour and leads by example.
- Demonstrate personal initiative.
- Take accountability for own actions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and a commitment to corporate governance principles
- Demonstrate a service mind-set and ensures everything within reason is done to achieve service excellence.
- Have the ability to build effective and productive relationships at all levels.
- Have the ability to influence service providers and build effective relationships within a team environment.
- Have the ability to acknowledge conflict, give positive / difficult feedback and make decisions while maintaining individual dignity and respect.
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. IF YOU HAVEN`T BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN TWO WEEKS AFTER THE CLOSING DATE CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION AS UNSUCCESSFUL.