- Offered Salary 1000
- Career Level Student
- Experience Fresh
- Gender Female
- Industry Finance
- Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Job title: Trainee Fund Accountant
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape
The Sanne Group, a London-based financial services company, is calling suitable individuals who are interested in submitting an application and qualifying for its upcoming Trainee Fund Accountant in South Africa.
We are seeking a Trainee Fund Accountant, reporting to a Senior Fund Accountant within the Private Equity Division of Sanne, to have responsibility for the bookkeeping of fund accounts on a timely basis. You will typically be responsible for the accounting of a number of portfolios.
- Working with the Fund Accountant and Senior Fund Accountant to ensure the completion of bookkeeping, NAVs, Management Reporting and Statutory Reporting of corporate entities to ensure the team complies with all of its accounting and regulatory obligations and requirements including listing requirements and client reporting.
- Liaising with fund managers, brokers, and custodians to communicate information and resolve issues on a timely basis.
- Ensure that client responsibilities are managed effectively and to agreed client, best practice, regulatory and statutory deadlines.
- Assisting the external auditors to ensure the audit function is executed on a timely and efficient basis.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly, quarterly, annual NAVs, Management accounts and IPD’s.
- Assist with the preparation of annual statutory financials statements.
- Assisting with cash management and bank payments and
- Responsibility for all bookkeeping of clients in portfolio.
Skills/ Experience Requirements
- Commerce degree with; Financial Accounting 3. Taxation 1, Auditing 1 or Internal Auditing 2 or Internal Control and Code of Ethics, Corporate Law 1 or Commercial Law 2, and Management Accounting
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Structural and detailed orientated
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Ability to prioritise work and meet strict deadlines
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Motivated and driven and
- Financial sector and Fund knowledge will be a distinct adavantage