- Offered Salary 1000
- Career Level Others
- Experience 2 Years
- Gender Male
- Industry Development
- Qualifications Diploma
Company: Tiger Brands
Job Title: Storeman
Location: Germiston, Gauteng
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Operate and maintain an effective engineering spare parts storage system.
- Maintain the correct engineering stock levels.
- Ensure that all engineering materials are receipted and booked in on the materials management system.
- Maintain accurate records of all engineering materials transactions.
- Complete routine stores stock inventory levels under audit conditions when required.
- Complete goods movement transactions of the materials system in a timely manner
- Assist in the offloading of deliveries as and when required.
- Develop proactive relationships with OEM’s and 3rd party suppliers.
- Ensure the security of stock
- Check stock on arrival to ensure deliveries are correct and to the right quality
- Liaise with key production and engineering personnel
- Support training the users of the stores in the procedures to maintain good operation
Qualifications and Professional Experience
• Minimum of two years’ experience working within a stores environment
• Engineering background experience preferred.
• Good understanding and knowledge of site and stores procedures.
• High numerical ability
• Good communication skills
• Good planning and resource allocation skills
• High level of personal discipline
• Appropriate engineering qualification, including diagnostic skills
• Intermediate level of computer skills to include Microsoft Office applications
• Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMs)
• Ability to work without direct supervision
• Strong problem solving ability
• Ability to liaise with and schedule external contractors and OEM’s
• Willingness to embrace future methods of electronically recording information
• Understanding of MRP and Procurement