- Offered Salary 1000
- Career Level Others
- Experience Fresh
- Gender Female
- Industry Development
- Qualifications Certificate
Secretary- Entry Level
Job Title: Secretary
Location: Pretoria, Gauteng
Closing Date: 12 March 2021
South African Police Service (SAPS) invites unemployed youth to apply for the following entry level position:
Salary: R173 703 per annum
Job Level: Junior / Entry Level Job
REFERENCES: SCM95/2021 & SCM96/2021
- Provide secretarial support functions to the Section Head
- Type reports, letters, memoranda and monitor flow of documents to and from the office of the Sections Head
- Manage the diary of the Section Heads for internal and external engagements
- Co-ordinate travel arrangements, including accommodation and subsistence allowances
- Maintain an updated filing system for the office of the Section Head.
- Distribute correspondence and circulars to the relevant stakeholders and keep a register of all incoming and outgoing post up to date
- Handle routine correspondence, send and receive e-mails and faxes immediately
- Answer and make telephone calls on behalf of the Section Head and take messages professionally
- Provide support during meetings and workshops involving the office of the Sections Head
- Be in possession of a Senior Certificate (Grade 12) or National Certificate (Vocational)
- Be a South African citizen
- Be fluent in at least two official languages, of which one must be English
- Must have no previous convictions or cases pending
- Applicants will be subjected to a vetting process which will include security screening and fingerprint verification
- Appropriate/ relevant experience in the field of the post as well as competency
in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint will be an advantage.
How to Apply
- General Notes:
- Only the official application form (available on the SAPS website and at SAPS recruitment offices) will be accepted.
- All instructions on the application form must be adhered to. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of the application. The Z83 previously utilized will no longer be accepted.
- The post particulars and reference number of the post must be correctly specified on the application form
- A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae must be submitted together with the application form. Due to current lockdown restrictions, uncertified copies will be accepted of an applicant’s ID, Senior Certificate and all educational qualifications obtained together with Academic Record thereof and service certificates of previous employers stating the occupational period must also be submitted and attached to the application form. Certified copies will be obtained during the course of the selection process.
- Applications must be mailed timeously. Late applications will not be accepted or considered. If a candidate is short-listed, it can be expected of him/her to undergo a personal interview. Short-listed candidates will be subjected to security clearance.
- Correspondence will be conducted with successful candidates only. If you have not been contacted within 3 months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was
Download Application Form or obtain from SAPS recruitment offices
Due to restriction of movement as a result of COVID-19, application forms can be e-mailed to ONLY ONE of the following e-mail addresses:
TrishaChetty@saps.gov.za or KolaFN@saps.gov.za. No further e-mail correspondence will be entertained after submission of application.
Applications can submitted via post to:
The Divisional Commissioner:
SCM, Human Resource Management
Private Bag X254,
0001 (For Attention PPO Chetty)
Hand delivered at: The Divisional Commissioner: SCM, 117 Cresswell Road (cnr Cresswell and Pretoria Road), Silverton, Pretoria (For attention PPO Chetty) at the box available at the main entrance to the premises.
Enquiries: can be directed to PPO Chetty, Tel no (012) 841 7876 or PO Kola, Tel no (012) 841 7456