- Offered Salary 1000
- Career Level Others
- Experience 2 Years
- Gender Female
- Industry Development
- Qualifications Certificate
Retail Assistant Store Manager
Job Title: Retail Assistant Store Manager
Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
The Retail Assistant Store Manager will be responsible for assisting the Store Manager in strategically managing and promoting sales to achieve or exceed sales, KPIs, and profitability goals to position PUMA to be the Fastest Sports Brand in the world. This is a developmental position for high performing Supervisors to continue growing their skillset in order to become a Retail Store Manager.
- Ensuring that the Store consistently achieves or exceeds sales, KPIs and profitability goals through the effective use of short- and long-term planning, expense control, sales and service.
- Guarantee consistently high standards of customer experience within the Store in accordance with PUMA’s Brand Values and service standards.
- Responsible for assisting Store Manager with the recruitment, training, development and succession of high performing, results driven Associates and Supervisors.
- Spends 90% of their working time on the sales floor engaging with consumers, selling, and coaching employees.
- Will act as the Store Manager when the Store Manager is away from the store for any given reason.
- Assist the Store Manager in preparing and administering timely and accurate performance appraisals.
- Responsible for ensuring training programs (required per the Role), both Domestic and Global, are successfully completed to drive results within the store.
- Assist the Store Manager in analyzing customer profiles, buying trends and competitive information to impact and drive business.
- Manage and monitor Loss Prevention education and awareness programs
- Directly responsible for Loss Prevention and Operational compliance within store
- Manage and achieve or exceed all Inventory and Shrink goals; oversee and manage Physical Inventory counts
- Directly responsible for execution and processing of both incoming and outgoing merchandise
- Manage and communicate merchandise opportunities to Store Manager
- Assist the Store Manager in Communicating, managing and executing all Marketing driven initiatives and events within budget and according to all Policies & Procedures
- Responsible for accurately processing sales, exchange, and refund transactions at the cash desk, with proper operation of the POS system, handling forms of tender with accuracy and respect, and ensuring proper discounts are applied when applicable. Also, responsible for processing employee transactions while adhering to the Associate Discount Policy & Procedure.
- Ensure execution and maintenance of all Visual Guidelines as well as guaranteeing the visual presentation of the Store always meets or exceeds PUMA standards
- Maintain physical condition of Store according to relevant guidelines and communicate maintenance needs in a timely manner
- Required to comply with all Policies & Procedures, operational core competencies and key accountabilities
- Execute all requirements necessary to maintain a safe and compliant working environment for all Store Associates and Customers
- Required to work non-traditional hours; weekends, evenings, holidays; overtime may be required
- Two (2) to four (4) years of management experience in a focused, customer service oriented retail environment (preferably apparel/footwear) with results driven track record
- Proven ability to exceed sales while meeting payroll goals,
- Demonstrated ability to identify, hire, train, develop and retain top talent Managers as well as teams,
- Ability to reason through complex issues,
- Demonstrates effective communication,
- Ability to present information to large groups