- Offered Salary 1000
- Career Level Others
- Experience 2 Years
- Gender Male
- Industry Development
- Qualifications Diploma
Department of Roads and Transport
Company: Department of Roads and Transport
Job Title: Personal Assistant
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng
Closing date: 17 September 2021
- Reference Number : refs/011867
- Directorate : Office of the Chief Financial Officer
- Package : R257, 508.00 per annum (plus 37% in lieu of benefits) level 7
A young Personal Assistant is required to provide administrative and secretarial assistance to the Office of the CFO requirements. This encompasses handling all documentation/correspondence, filing, office admin, travel arrangements, appointments/meetings, visitors, suppliers/customers, and maintain strictest confidentially in all instances.
- Extensive diary management as well as logistical arrangements for internal and external meetings, events, conference calls etc.
- Handle all correspondence and communication.
- Handle telephonic and customer enquiries related to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Utilizes discretion to decide whether to accept/ decline or refer to other employees’ requests for meetings, based on the assessed importance and urgency of the matter.
- Ensure the effective flow of information and documents to and from the office of the Chief Financial Officer.
- Ensure the safekeeping of all documentation in the office of the manager in line with relevant legislation and policies.
- Obtain inputs, collate and compile reports, e.g. progress reports, monthly reports and management reports.
- Scrutinize routine submissions/reports and make notes or recommendations for the Chief Financial Officer.
- Support the manager with the administration of the manager’s budget.
- Assist the Finance department with urgent requirements needed by various stakeholders.
- Grade 12
- National Diploma in Office Management/Administration equivalent to NQF Level 6,
- 1 to 2 years’ experience as Personal Assistant
- Excellent knowledge of PowerPoint, MS Word and Excel.
- Good communication and writing skills.
- Ability to liaise with people at different levels, competently deal with situations and maintain confidentiality.
- Advanced typing, report writing, and organisational skills.
- Good understanding of the Department’s aims and objectives, knowledge of the relevant legislation, policies, prescripts and procedures.
- A valid driver’s license is an inherent requirement of the position.
- Action orientated
- Time Management
- Business Acumen
- Planning and Organizing
- Attention to detail
- Problem Solving
- Interpersonal savvy
- Action orientated
How to apply
All applications and supporting documents (completed, initialed and signed Z83 form, certified copies of educational qualifications, driver’s license and Identity Document) must be delivered:
to Life Centre Building, 45 Commissioner Street, Marshalltown, Johannesburg, 2107
or posted to P.O Box X83, Marshalltown, 2107.
Applications received after the closing date will be disqualified.