- Offered Salary 1000
- Career Level Others
- Experience 2 Years
- Gender Male
- Industry Development
- Qualifications Certificate
Job Title: Packing Supervisor
Location: Bonnievale, Western Cape
Closing Date: 07 August 2020
The main responsibilities of a Packing Supervisor is to manage the packaging team to work efficiently, ensure availability of packaging material, drive line efficiencies, waste management/prevention and to do stock counts. Monitor the final packed product for any quality defect and report any deviation. Generate reports and give daily reporting to Production Coordinator wrt results.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervise packaging team: manage the final packing of wedges and portions into outer cartons.
- Dispatch finish products to stores.
- Organise team and plan production to work as efficiently as possible.
- Organize and set up daily taste panel to determine Quality of product at 07h00 each morning.
- Assign LPN number to all pallets before dispatch into the Finish Goods Store.
- Draw reports from WM9
- Monitor process: hygiene, safety, maintenance.
- Control packaging material – daily weekly cycle counts and monthly stock count.
- Re – Evaluation of Deviations and do investigate variances on packaging.
- Minimise packaging and product waste during production to a minimum.
- Work according to and promote Food safety, Continues Improvement and NOSA standards.
- Record shift results on KPI file.
- Daily monitor all product to make sure not product including samples or returns to Process do have demarcation on, date plus description.
- Monitor all tables, racks and cupboards are clean and organised.
- Chiller room must be clean on a daily base including floors and no mould on chiller room walls.
- Daily check all releases and make sure not product been put on hold and left un-attendant.
- All product (Jars) on hold for split, split daily and keep it up to date on a daily base. Request the pallets to be split early morning in order to be finish the afternoon.
- Wedges and Portions needs to be packed away daily, only the current day’s stock are allowed on floor.
- Inventory checks you need to do daily, act accordingly.
- Put up shift schedule for your people reporting to you no later than a Tuesday each week.
- Weighing of spreads, loafs & sausages and recording times. • Weighing of Pig Feed and reworks.
- Managing cleaning and organising of secondary packing area including freezer room inside and outside. Also the high speed doors.
- Do a daily MBU meeting with your team and keep MBU register up to date. Daily sign off in register.
- Monitor on a daily base all samples of jars, wedges, portions, sausages and loafs are ready to be send to the lab. If not, arrange missing samples to be send to the lab.
- Any Quality defect such as damaged glass, poor packaging etc. Report immediately
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- 2-3 years’ experience in food related manufacturing environment.
- Computer literate.
- Attention to detail.
- Willing to learn.
- Willing to work shifts, long hours, weekends, public holidays and overtime.
- Exposure to Food Safety Management System advantageous.
- Must have experience in packaging environment