- Offered Salary 1000
- Career Level Others
- Experience 3 Years
- Gender Male
- Industry Development
- Qualifications Diploma
Company: Starke Ayres
Job Title: Packing Supervisor
Location: Kempton Park, Gauteng
Closing Date: 30 September 2020
The above position has become available in our Factory at Kempton Park. The purpose of this role is to plan and compile packing schedules, ensure that all products received from the warehouse are reconciled with accompanied documentation, subjected to quality protocols, and are packed in line with planned packing schedules and time frames in order to meet customer requirements.
- Assists the Factory Manager with planning and compiling 3 and 6 monthly packing schedules to meet budgeted sales requirements.
- Review packing and packaging requirements on a weekly basis and take the necessary actions to ensure supply of packed product in line with budgeted requirements.
- Ensure that sufficient manpower is available for shifts and/or overtime for the effective and efficient execution of planned work schedules.
- Ensure that job cards are generated for each job, assigned to packing equipment / production lines and seed & packaging materials are identified and recorded for specific jobs.
- Confirm that seed lot reference numbers to be drawn for packing conforms to laid down quality specifications.
- Arrange for seed to be treated in line with customer requirements and specifications on job cards.
- Take full responsibility for the calibration and setting of all machines and equipment prior to packing.
- Supervise all packing personnel and activities to ensure maximum efficiency and productivity by optimising the use of packing equipment and labour.
- Ensure that all storage space is optimised by applying effective storage and housekeeping practices.
- Ensure that OHSA policies are always followed
- Tertiary qualification in Production Management or related would be an added advantage.
- 3 year’s relevant Production / Packing experience
- Computer literacy (Excel is essential)