- Offered Salary 1000
- Career Level Student
- Experience Fresh
- Gender Male
- Industry Development
- Qualifications Diploma
Packaging Intern : RCL Foods
Company: RCL Foods
Job Title: Packaging Intern
Location: Pretoria West
Closing Date: 25/05/2020
Packaging QC Technician to support the Milling packaging team with day to day on-site packaging analysis.
The role will assist in the maintenance of efficiencies within the department and packaging on-site brilliant basics.
To solve simple operational problems related to packaging.
To identify any opportunities that will improve processes/system efficiencies and propose a plan to implement.
- Packaging Diploma (IPSA)
- Food Technology/Biotechnology Diploma/Bachelor’s degree (or studying towards degree)
- Knowledge of Packaging formats, materials and machinery
- Knowledge of Packaging analysis and validation
- Knowledge of HACCP & ISO Standards
- Capture data and report on findings
- Route cause analysis on basic packaging challenges.
- Ability to document trial results
- Ability to communicate well with line staff
Duties & Responsibilities
- Packaging on-site brilliant basics
- Assist with Packaging Specifications, barcode verification reports and colour standards from suppliers to sites and capturing on the system for easy access and use in audits.
- Packaging analysis on required dimensional / functional testing to ensure conformance to specs and quality expectations of packed product.
- Line efficiencies in terms of: Standard operating procedures for start-up and during production, throughputs, efficiencies and wastages.
- Assist with data collection to validate packaging & packing compliance.
- Support with online trials with new suppliers and or alternate materials to match or improve on current packaging materials.