- Offered Salary 1000
- Career Level Student
- Experience Fresh
- Gender Female
- Industry Development
- Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Internships 2020 / 2021
Company: Open Secrets
Job Title: Intern
Location: Cape Town
Closing Date: 12 October 2020
Open Secrets is offering Internship Programme for 2020 / 2021
Contract Period: Starting November 2020 for a six month contract period based at Community House in Salt River, Cape Town
Remuneration: R10,000.00 per month
Are you an advocate for social justice, accountability and transparency? Are you keen to work with a small team of researchers and dye / social activists? Open Secrets is hiring an investigations and advocacy intern to join our small dedicated team based in Cape Town.
- Undertake research on historic and contemporary economic crime in South Africa. Read, summarise and archive research material.
- Write reports and related occasional articles for our website and social media platforms
- Assist in managing advocacy around Open Secrets’ investigations and litigation, including producing content for Open Secrets’ social media platforms and website.
- Collaborate with our partners in civil society
- Contribute to other Open Secrets work areas as needed
- Strong work ethic (thorough, thoughtful and able to manage deadlines), integrity and a demonstrated commitment to social justice.
- A committed team player with an inquisitive mind who values collaboration.
- Ongoing or completed postgraduate studies in a related field (politics, history, economics, journalism, etc) are preferable
- Strong research, writing and organisational skills
- Strong command of basic Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Excel, etc)
- Able to work through an intersectional lens
- Historically disadvantaged applicants are encouraged to apply
- Eligible to work in South Africa
The Open Secrets team is working remotely for the rest of 2020. However, the position of investigations and advocacy is envisaged as full-time position based at Community House in Salt River, Cape Town.
How to Apply
Submit a Cover Letter, Resume, Copy of relevant Qualifications, A Copy of unedited Work, and Contact Details of at least 3 References by 5pm on Monday 12 October 2020.
The subject line of your email should clearly state the position you are applying for. Please send your application to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly note that applications missing any of the require information will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the outcome of the application process.