- Offered Salary 1000
- Career Level Student
- Experience Fresh
- Gender Female
- Industry Development
- Qualifications Degree Bachelor
National Museum – Bloemfontein
PROCUREMENT OFFICER – INTERNSHIP
Company: National Museum Bloemfontein
Job Title: Procurement Officer Intern
Closing date: 02 July 2020
National Museum, Bloemfontein is seeking dedicated and motivated graduate interns to gain work experience as a Procurement Officer. The interns will gain experience in procurement and any other finance related tasks. The interns should be able to interact professionally with suppliers, effectively handle queries from suppliers, have knowledge of accounting & finance and have the ability to communicate with people of diverse backgrounds and ages.
Key Performance Areas
The employment of this position is for the purpose of being trained and gaining work experience in order to enter a job or profession. The candidate is therefore responsible for the following:
Defining specifications, and provide input to the preparation of specifications.
Invite quotations and tenders
Analyse quotations, bids and select appropriate promising supplier based on certain criteria
Buying, award and completing contracts
Prepare purchase orders & expediting orders
Management of all department’s requests for quotes for each financial period, and ensuring that these are all done in time before year end.
Executing procurement according to the procurement strategy.
Clerical and administrative tasks: record keeping, minute taking, report generation and processing of documentation through all of the above activities.
Preparation of monthly procurement report of all requests received to date verses requests actioned, and submit by the 7th of each month
To be eligible for this opportunity:
Applicants must be based in the vicinity of Mangaung Metro Municipality.
Qualifications / Fields of Study
Applicants must have recently completed an NQF Level 6 qualification in any of the following;
- Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent report writing and minute taking skills
How to Apply
Kindly e-mail your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, including a covering letter, the application form, certified copies of ID, qualifications and a comprehensive CV (including three referees with their contact details).
- Communication will be limited to the shortlisted candidates only.
- Shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a comprehensive selection process
- The National Museum is committed to Employment Equity and aims to attract and retain talented individuals to achieve its equity objectives. Therefore people from designated groups, including those with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.
- Applications not meeting the criteria will be disqualified.
- Should you not hear from us within one month after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
Enquiries: For further enquiries, contact Ms Tshedi Goliath on 051 4479609,
alternatively send your email to email@example.com.