- Offered Salary 1000
- Career Level Student
- Experience Fresh
- Gender Female
- Industry Development
- Qualifications Certificate
Student Phlebotomy Technician
Company: Lancet Laboratories
Job Title: Phlebotomy Technician Learnership
Location: Gauteng, Polokwane, KZN, Cape Town, Tshwane
Closing Date: 14 August 2020
An opportunity has presented itself to appoint a suitably qualified candidate into the position of Student Phlebotomy Technician. This is a Learnership Contract position based at Cape Town. This opportunity is to develop learner competence (i.e. broad knowledge, skills and values) in performing phlebotomy techniques within a medical pathology environment.
Key Performance Areas:
A Phlebotomy Technician is trained to draw blood and collect specimens from patient or donors.
Phlebotomy learners attend structured learning programmes including theory and practical training.
After successful completion of the 24 month training programme and the HPCSA board examination, the learner will be able to register with the HPCSA as a qualified Phlebotomy Technician enabling them to be employed in Medical pathology laboratories and blood donation organisations.
• Attends formal training programme including lectures, practical training and submission of assignments.
• Writing of Health Professions Council (HPCSA) board examination.
• Meet contractual obligations of Learnership appointment.
• Collection of venous and capillary blood and non-blood specimens for medical and blood donation purposes.
• Implements sound housekeeping procedures in accordance with relevant legislation and all safety protocols.
• Represents the organisation by applying the principles of customer care.
***Learners are to make their own arrangements with regards to accommodation, transport and food.
Learners will be required to work a 42.5 hour week
- Grade 12 with English, Mathematics and Biology D symbol
- 0 – 1 years relevant working experience
- Computer literate
- Phlebotomy procedures and processes
- Ability to cope with nervous / distressed patients
- Administrative skills
- Attention To Detail
- Customer Orientation
- Lateral thinking
- Practical thinking
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information