- Offered Salary 1000
- Career Level Manager
- Experience 2 Years
- Gender Female
- Industry Management
- Qualifications Certificate
Junior Restaurant Manager
Job Title: Junior Restaurant Manager
Location: Verulam, Durban
Closing date: 01/06/2020
Be more than just a Manager! Do you have fire in your belly and purpose in your heart? Do you pour all that you are into all that you do…. and have a little fun on the way? If so, please review the requirements and have the courage to pursue your passion and join the Nando’s family.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Financial Management
- To ensure correct and effective financial administration according to Nando’s policies & procedures on a daily basis.
- To assist in controlling expenditure and in achieving expected gross profit margins (stock control, waste management, pilferage, etc)
- To assist in taking corrective actions necessary to improve business performance indicators (Sales: Year on Year & Actual vs. Budget; Gross Profit; Ticket Average; Customer Count; Menu mix; Day parts; Complaints; Labour Turnover; Payroll vs. Turnover) on a daily basis.
- To monitor performance against set daily targets (Turnover, Ticket Average; Customer Count).
- Operational Management
- To ensure efficient stock control management for the restaurant on a daily basis.
- To perform daily compliance checks with regards to Health & Safety, Repairs & Maintenance, Cleaning & Hygiene, and escalate any problems to the Restaurant Manager.
- To assist in developing the corrective action plan and facilitating actions necessary to improve internal and external audit results.
- To communicate and ensure compliance to the Nando’s operational standards and operating requirements.
- People Management
- To assist in developing and monitoring rost on a weekly basis to ensure sufficient people capacity to meet the business requirements.
- To ensure adherence to opening and closing procedures.
- To assist with recruitment, induction and training of all new staff according to Nando’s policies and procedures to proactively meet the needs of the business.
- To complete and check the attendance register. To assist the Restaurant Manager in ensuring adherence to the disciplinary code.
- To escalate poor performance where necessary and provide continuous feedback to staff and Restaurant Manager.
- To assist in ensuring that all staff are signed-off on the relevant training material and procedures on an on-going basis.
- Marketing Management
- To assist with communication and execution of all national, regional and local marketing campaigns and initiatives.
- To respond to customer complaints in accordance with the Nando’s policies and procedures.
- To assist in developing the corrective action plan and facilitating actions necessary to improve results of the mystery shopper report.
- To assist with the execution of the local marketing plan to promote sales and increase customer base.
- To fulfill the responsibilities of the Restaurant Manager in his/her absence.
- At least 2-3 years restaurant management experience
- Experience in Microsoft office
- Excellent knowledge of restaurant operations: Preferred
- Applicants who have more than 3 years restaurant management experience: Preferred
- Applicants who are in possession of a valid driver’s license and their own vehicle.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to manage a group of people
- Excellent communication skills