- Offered Salary 1000
- Career Level Others
- Experience 3 Years
- Gender Female
- Industry Development
- Qualifications Diploma
Company: Dis-Chem Pharmacies
Job Title: Hair Stylist
Location: Pretoria & Johannesburg
Closing Date: 27 August 2020
Dis-Chem Pharmacies’ has an opportunity for qualified Hair Stylist’s for their stores in Centurion , Olympus and Killarney to provide a range of hair care services, including shampooing, cutting, coloring, styling and blow-drying as well as ensure salon product inventory is sufficient.
- Analyse clients’ hair, facial features and needs to determine beauty treatments and advise clients on hair care needs.
- Trim, cut and shave hair, beards, mustaches and sideburns using clippers, scissors, trimmers and razors.
- Create hairstyles for formal events.
- Adhere to the proper application procedures when using curlers, hot irons, curling irons, hair colour, dye, and tint.
- Ensure accurate application of scalp massage techniques when washing a client’s hair.
- Attend supplier training and meetings as scheduled by management and Head Office.
- Learn and perfect new hairstyles and techniques.
- Keep up to date with the latest hair and beauty trends in the industry.
- Greet and attend to clients walking into the salon and communicate with clients via email and telephone when needed.
- Ensure clients that are waiting are happy and comfortable by giving them a magazine and/ or refreshments.
- Give clients advice and product information about the hair care products the salon has on offer.
- Demonstrate and sell styling products to clients.
- Promote services and promotions such as bleaching, conditioning, treatments, permanent waving, straightening and tinting of hair in the salon.
- General salon administration such as maintenance and management of the appointment calendar and client records.
- Perform reception duties such as answering telephone calls and making appointments.
- Conduct regular stock takes of salon stock, report low stock levels as well as damaged and expired stock to management.
- Escalate all unresolved customer compliments and complaints to management
- Grade 12 – Matric or Senior Certificate
- Certificate or Diploma in Hairdressing
- Previous Hair Stylist experience
- Knowledge of the chemical composition and properties of the substances used and the chemical processes the substances may undergo (i.e. understanding chemical reactions, production techniques and disposal methods).
- Basic understanding of mathematics
- Fluent communication in English (written and verbal)
- Interpersonal skills
- Analytical Skills
- Attention to detail
- Time Management
- Technical skills – operating a cash register
- Numerical skills – basic mathematics