- Offered Salary 1000
- Career Level Others
- Experience 2 Years
- Gender Male
- Industry Development
- Qualifications Certificate
General Warehouse Worker
Company: Holler Trade
Job Title: Picker/ Packer/ General Warehouse Worker
Location: Midrand, Gauteng
Month to month contract position initially.
Salary: R5500 per month.
- Report directly to the Warehouse Manager on all matters that requires assistance.
- Assist despatch and receiving by unloading and loading trucks and checking goods.
- Assist buyers as assigned by Warehouse Manager in checking, packing, crating and labelling of goods.
- Prepares despatch orders by pulling materials, packing boxes and crates, placing orders in delivery area.
- Sort and place goods or items in shipping containers, on racks or shelves to organizational standards
- Open bales, crates and other containers.
- Mark and label containers, boxes or products.
- Measure, weigh, and count goods and materials.
- Remove defective goods and place them in designated inspection or return area.
- Seal crates, boxes and containers using sealing tape, wrapping, fasteners, nails, and hand tools
- Assemble, line, and pad cartons, crates, and containers, using hand tools.
- Clean containers, materials, supplies, or work areas, using cleaning solutions and hand tools.
- Use a variety of tools and machines such as power drills, saws, pressure washers and water spraying equipment.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, containers and work area neat. Sweep, dust and mop. Organize warehouse and work area as instructed for orderliness at all times.
- Wear the proper safety equipment.
- High school certificate or equivalent is preferred.
- 1 – 2 years’ previous warehouse experience preferred.
- Forklift license preferred for up to 5Ton or willing to obtain.
- Good communication, organisational, time management skills.
- Basic math skills essential.
- Experienced or licensed in operating forklifts, pallet jacks and other warehouse equipment.
- Experience in using RF devices.
- Able to read and write in English.
- Great attention to detail.
- Diligent and punctual, dependable and reliable.
- Good physical strength and stamina, ability to lift heavy objects.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Be able to work at heights.
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- Regularly lift and/or move objects up to 20 kilograms and move objects that weight more than 45 kilograms.