- Offered Salary 1000
- Career Level Executive
- Experience 2 Years
- Gender Female
- Industry Development
- Qualifications Diploma
City of Joburg
Company: City of Joburg
Job title: Executive Secretary
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng
Closing date: 12 October 2021
Department: CRUM Region A
Branch: Office of the City Manager
Designation: Executive Secretary
Salary Range: R22 215.52 pm (basic salary excluding benefits)
Primary Function: To coordinate activities and requirements associated with the Regional Director
through the application of administrative and secretarial procedures and the execution of sequence
associated with the communication, planning, prioritization and organization of confidential and
important appointments, events and meetings.
Key performance areas:
- Execute specific instructions and applying laid down procedures with respect to coordinating the Regional Director’s diary and events.
- Performs tasks and associated with provision of reception/telephonist and office support to the Regional Director.
- Performing specific tasks and activities associated with the provision of Administration and Secretarial support.
- Maintaining Regional Directors correspondence/information and record keeping system and
accessing records of discussions, instructions and correspondence.
- General administrative and events coordination functions.
- Grade 12 plus Secretarial Diploma/Office Administration (NQF 6);
- 1 – 3 years relevant experience
- Thorough knowledge of responsibilities of an executive secretary.
- Good knowledge of office management.
- Ability to comprehend the varied activities of a large complex department sufficiently to handle the mass of items passing through the Regional Directors office.
- Computer literacy – MS software applications.
- Organisational skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Ability to type at a speed of not less than 35 words per minute.
- Initiative; tact; poise.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to prioritize and reprioritize tasks at short notice.
- Ability to take instructions.
- Time management. Punctuality and Reliability. Active listening.
- Technological savvy.