- Career Level Student
- Experience Fresh
- Qualifications Certificate
eThekwini Municipality is inviting unemployed youths to apply for Artisan Apprenticeship/Learnership Programme for 2020
eThekwini Municipality is offering training opportunities to individuals with genuine interest in pursuing a career to qualify as an artisan in bricklaying trade. Applicants should be between 18 to 35 years of age to qualify to participate in the programme. This will consist of accredited theoretical and practical training in bricklaying trade which will be for a duration of no longer than three years.
- Must have completed and passed N2 bricklaying certificate with trade theory subject or
- Must have a minimum of Level 3 TVET certificate with related trade theory consisting of 7 total subjects passed.
- Must have successfully completed Technical / Grade 11 and 12 with Maths and Physical Science.
- Be eThekwini residents (proof of residence required)
- South African citizen with identity document (ID).
- Applicants will be required to go undergo an assessment in order to qualify.
- Candidates will be required to complete apprenticeship programme as per specified and regulated criteria of the applicable SETA and National Artisan Moderating Board
The programme will involve practical training on-site as well as attendance at a training institution to obtain the theory component . At he end of the training programme, the apprentice will undergo a formal trade test to qualify as an artisan in the relevant trade.
How To Apply
Applications, including all supporting documents are to be delivered to ;
Human Resources Centre of Excellence
21 Archie Gumede Street
Applicants are required to complete the eThekwini Municipal Application form indicating the name of position applied for as follows: Artisan Development: Bricklaying Trade
Due Date: 7 February 2020 at 12h00
For enquiries contact Miss Moshibudi Mothapo on 031 333 8625