- Offered Salary 1000
- Career Level Student
- Experience Fresh
- Gender Male
- Industry Development
- Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Job Title: Internships
Location: Pretoria, Gauteng
Closing Date: 21 August 2020
The Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) is a leading scientific and technology research organisation that researches, develops, localises and diffuses technologies to accelerate socio-economic prosperity in South Africa. The organisation’s work contributes to industrial development and supports a capable state.
About the job:
The CSIR has two Internship opportunities in the Centre for Nanostructures and Advanced Materials (CeNAM) within Chemicals cluster. The purpose of Internship is to support and equip newly graduates with practical work experience and provide them with exposure to different research projects. These opportunities are based in Pretoria.
Under supervision, the Intern will be required to:
- Conduct Physical testing on textile material and automotive textile materials;
- Conduct Colour Fastness testing on textile material and automotive materials;
- Conduct Flammability testing on various type of product;
- Test for lightfastness on various type of product;
- Assist in chemical testing, e.g., Formaldehyde, Cromium1V, pH value, and others;
- Conduct literature searches for research projects;
- Conduct experimental work in the laboratory for research projects;
- Assist with characterisation of products/materials (e.g. SEM, XRD, TGA, etc.),
- Compile reports and other project related documents;
- Assist with thorough housekeeping of labs;
- Assist with the development of standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- A National diploma in textile technology. A Bachelor’s degree or Advanced Diploma will be advantageous;
- Research and report-writing skills;
- Computer literacy in MS Office Package;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to multi-task, and to perform consistently under pressure;
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
For more info, please contact the CSIR Recruitment Centre on 012 841 4774 or email us at Recruitmentinfo@csir.co.za