- Offered Salary 1000
- Career Level Others
- Experience 2 Years
- Gender Male
- Industry Development
- Qualifications Certificate
Western Cape Health Department
Emergency Control Centre Agent (Call Takers)
Company: Western Cape Health Department
Job Title: Emergency Control Centre Agent (Call Takers)
Location: Western Cape
Closing Date: 25 February 2022
Reference No: EMCCA-WC/2021 (V2)
Remuneration: R173 703 per annum
- Receiving and capture incoming emergency calls on GEMC data system.
- Manage caller anxiety and stress.
- Interrogate the call and assess the nature and priority of the case.
- Dispatch the relevant emergency resources via radio as required.
- Monitor and control the progress of all emergency incidents.
- Maintain order and hygiene in control room.
- Senior or equivalent certificate
- Computer literacy (MS Office)
- Appropriate experience within an Emergency / Medical Call Centre environment
- Ability to work shifts as per roster
- Willingness to work overtime when necessary
- Communicate effectively in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- A third language will be advantageous.
- Knowledge of GEMC/CAD computer aided dispatching system.