- Offered Salary 1000
- Career Level Others
- Experience Less Than 1 Year
- Gender Female
- Industry Development
- Qualifications Diploma
Company: Mr Price Home
Job Title: Buyers Assistant
Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
Mrphome is recruiting a high potential candidate who is keen on developing and pursuing a career in Retail Merchandise Buying.
This is a high growth potential junior role where you will provide daily assistance and support to the Buyer who is responsible for building a balanced assortment of merchandise which appeals to our customer and ensures maximum profit is achieved for your dept.
- To develop your understanding of the retail buying process you would be responsible for administrative aspects within your department. This would include:
-merchandise magazine input
-Executing these key tasks within your Buying team will help enable the merchant processes and ensure adherence to important timelines
- Regular correspondence with suppliers around samples and strike offs
- Maintain a neat showroom and generally assisting where you can within your department
- Relevant degree or diploma (Interior/Fashion Design, Retail Business Management, Textile, Consumer Science)
- 0 – 1 years retail / supplier experience advantageous
- Proficient in MS Office including Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Great communicator
- Highly organised
- Passionate about homeware
Our environment suits an entrepreneurial type of person. There is little in terms of rigid structure and process which forces our people to make decisions on their own. We support and encourage ownership and people that thrive on taking responsibility and delivering in this type of environment will be successful and recognized.