- Offered Salary 1000
- Career Level Student
- Experience Fresh
- Gender Male
- Industry Development
- Qualifications Certificate
Company: Anglo American
Job Title: Mining Learnership
Location: Kathu, Northern Cape
Closing Date: 04 August 2020
Reference Number: REF2216L
If you reside in the JTG District we have a great opportunity for you to join our extraordinary team at Sishen Mine and discover all about surface mining and mobile equipment in a six-month’s Mining Learnership enrichment programme.
Our six-month’s Mining Learnership Programme is an enrichment programme for the community on Trackless Mobile Machinery (TMM) and will enable you to develop skills with classroom and on-the-job training in surface mining. This Program will enable you to maximise your potential along with a tailored plan to provide you with a future to make a difference. As you progress through your mining learnership programme, we will help you discover your real capability and develop your skills as a future Drilling or Blasting Assistant and/or various Trackless Mobile Equipment.
- Grade 12 or
- Technical N3 with Mathematics Literacy or Mathematics
- Physical Science will be advantageous
- A valid South African Driver’s license
- Successfully pass a VTA (Vienna Testing System) / (DOVER)
- Obtain a certificate of fitness (medical assessment) before the mining learnership will commence.
What we Offer
- A stipend/allowance per month, for duration of programme
- Free training and experiential learning
- MQA Certificate after competency declaration to add to skills
- Personal Protective Equipment
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
If you do not hear from the Company within 21 days after the application deadline, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
Preference will be given to applications from the designated group defined in terms of Employment Equity.