- Offered Salary 1000
- Career Level Student
- Experience Fresh
- Gender Female
- Industry Development
- Qualifications Certificate
Diamond Sorter Learnership
Company: Anglo American
Job Title: Diamond Sorter Learner
Location: Kimberley, South Africa
Here is an exciting opportunity to join De Beers Sightholder SAles SA (DBSSA) as a Mining Learner (Diamond Sorter) for 12 months where you will be exposed to institutional learning and workplace experience.
Our diamond sorters come from all walks of life. If you’d like to be part of diverse and think you have the commitment to become a diamond expert, we’d like to hear from you. As products of nature, diamonds come in all sizes, shapes, colours and qualities. Each one is unique.
We sort and classify every diamond we recover. It is a highly skilled occupation requiring two years’ initial training before joining one of our professional sorting teams where you will develop further precision and consistency.
About the Learnership
The learnership is a work-based learning programme that leads to a nationally recognised qualification that is directly related to an occupation. Learnerships combine a 30% structured learning component with a 70% practical work experience that is acquired while being employed with DBSSSA. Instruction will take place at the DBSSSA Diamond Academy, as an MQA accredited training provider.
As a Diamond Sorter Learner, you will be provided with the required learning and workplace experience that will enable you to obtain a FET Certificate in Diamond Design and Evaluation (NQF Level4)
- Sort and evaluate rough diamonds in a strictly controlled security environment
- Adhere to all legislative requirements specified in the Learning agreement
- Take control of your training, to ask questions and seek answers
- Demonstrate ability and competence as per learnership requirements within the scheduled duration of 12 months
- Grade 12 / MAtric with Mathematics (minimum pass rate of 50%) or Mathematical Literacy (minimum pass rate of 70%)
- English and one other language
- Basic MS Office skills
- Be prepared to operate in a strictly controlled environment
- Ability to carry out requirements of the associated occupational requirements
- Successful completion of integrity testing assessments (Polygraph testing, Personal vetting)
- Successful security clearance
- Successful completion of pre-recruitment assessments as deemed necessary by the organisation
How to Apply
NB. Applications must consist of a covering letter, updated Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of original qualifications, academic transcripts and the applicant’s ID.