- Offered Salary 1000
- Career Level Others
- Experience Less Than 1 Year
- Gender Male
- Industry Development
- Qualifications Certificate
Department of Traditional Affairs
Company: Department of Traditional Affairs
Job title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Pretoria, Gauteng
Closing date: 23 September 2021
POST 31/52 : ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT REF NO: 2021/11
Research & Information Management
SALARY : R208 584 per annum
CENTRE : Pretoria
The successful candidate will perform the following duties:
- Develop and manage an efficient filing system and flow of documents in the Chief Directorate:
- Receive and distribute documents.
- Record documents in the appropriate registers.
- File and manage the paperwork of the unit.
- Establish effective document tracking systems.
- Provide secretarial support services: Coordinate and prepare documentation for meetings/ workshops.
- Compile minutes/ reports.
- Draft memoranda and any other correspondence.
- Manage the diary of the supervisor: Arrange appointments and record events in the diary.
- Promote effective diary co-ordination in an electronic or at least on a manual system.
- Provide administrative support services: Arrange logistics and related activities for travel, meetings, workshops, and conferences.
- Manage the telephone and communication systems in the office.
- Purchase and order stationery and equipment.
- Manage inventory and equipment within the unit.
- Make copies, fax and email documents as required.
- A Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent qualification with appropriate experience in office management and administration.
- A post-Matric qualification will serve as an added advantage.
- Client orientation and customer focus.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Planning and organizing.
- Telephone etiquette.
- Computer literacy.
- Technical Competencies: Office management and administration, secretarial functions and general
How to apply
Applications must quote the relevant reference number and must be completed on the Z83 form (download here) or obtainable from any Public Service department and signed when submitted.
All applications must be accompanied by a comprehensive CV, copies of qualifications, Identity document and driver’s license. Such copies need not be certified. Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit certified copies a day before the interview date.
Persons with a disability are encouraged to apply.
Due to the large number of responses anticipated, correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within three months of the closing date of the advertisement, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
APPLICATIONS : may be posted to: Human Resource Management, Department of Traditional
Affairs, Private Bag X 22 Arcadia 0083
or Hand deliver to: 509 Pretorius Street,
Arcadia, 2nd Floor Pencardia 1 Building
or e-mailed to