- Offered Salary 1000
- Career Level Others
- Experience 2 Years
- Gender Female
- Industry Development
- Qualifications Certificate
Department of Education WC
Company: Western Cape Department of Education
Job Title: Admin Clerk
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape
Closing Date: 23 October 2020
Starting Notch: R173 703 per annum
Salary Range – R173 703 to R204 612 per annum
Duties & Responsibilities
- Answering and making telephone calls on behalf of the principal, and referral of calls appropriately
- Receiving and sending faxes
- Receiving and sending emails
- Keeping a telephone register in respect of long distance and celluar phone calls
- Maintaining the principal’s diary
- Arranging engagements / meetings
- Gathering and processing information as requested byt he principal and offices of the WCED
- Maintaining a filing system for records of correspondence, manuals, expenditure, inventory, etc.
- Typing of examination papers
- Acting as secretary in forums and meetings
- Controlling diverse documentation for completion and checking for accuracy
- Procurement of goods
- Making logistical arrangements for meetings / events etc
- Issuing stationery to educators
- Assisting with school functions and activities
- Assisting with fund raising initiatives at the school
- Arranging for repairs to equipment etc
- Assisting with arrangements for sport meetings and t=for the preparation of meals for officials and educators
- Controlling the inventory
- Handling all learners’ administration
- Assisting with the placement of adverts for vacant posts.
- Requesting unemployment cards for employees
- Keeping leave register for staff in employ of governing body
- Matric certificate
- Must be able to type, write and speak two official languages
- Applicants must work for WCED
- Computer skills or computer course
How to Apply
- Applicants must complete an application form (Z 83) Download Here) that must be duly completed with all the required information as requested on the form.
- The application form Z 83 must originally be signed and dated by the applicant to ensure that the application is a legitimate application. The application form Z 83 is obtainable from the website of the WCED at http://www.wced.pgwc.gov.za or from any Public Service Department.
- The post number and/or name of the post applied for must be indicated on your
- Applicants must submit a detailed up to date CV with an exposition of their training,
experience, competencies and previous employment record as well as the names and telephone numbers of three persons willing to act as referees.
- Certified copies of ID document to be submitted with application forms.
- Non-RSA citizens/Permanent resident permit holders must submit a copy of his/her
Permanent Resident Permit to his/her application.
- Please note that a separate application must be submitted if you apply for more than one post.
Please forward your application(s) to:
Western Cape Education Department
Recruitment and Selection Centre
Private Bag X9114
OR HAND DELIVER TO:
Post marked Recruitment and Selection Centre (IBPS will be placed on 1st Floor) Golden Acre Building
Note: Application deadline is Friday 23 October 2020 by 16:00hrs. Applications will not be accepted after the closing time and date. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure that their application(s) reach the WCED by the closing date and time. The WCED cannot be held responsible for postal delays.