South West Gauteng College is a public Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET), formerly, FET college, operating under the auspices of the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) in terms of the Continuing Education and Training Act, Act No.16 of 2006, as amended. The College is accredited by Umalusi and several Sector Education and Training Authorities (Seta’s) to offer education and training, mostly in the FET band (NQF Level 2 to 4). Some programmes are offered in the Higher Education band i.e. the N4 to N6 levels. At over 30 000 enrollments, the college is one of the biggest colleges in the country
To be the benchmark TVET College in the delivery of quality Vocational Education and Training.
To innovatively mobilize all college resources to ensure excellence in our delivery, employability and embracing of entrepreneurship among students and be ISO consistent in our service.
The College Council, Management and Personnel of South West Gauteng College COMMIT to the following values:
- The principle of Batho Pele with emphasis on Client Care and uBuntu
- The principle of a better life for all
- The principle of upholding a culture of learning, teaching and service delivery
- Professional Conduct
- Good Governance
- Mutual Respect
- Non-racialism and Non-sexism
- Honesty and Integrity
- Environmental Sustainability
- Inspiration and Development of Students (Wholly)