|Working at Richards Bay Coal Terminal isn’t just a job – it is a career with bright prospects and a promising future. It’s an opportunity to partner with a highly skilled and experienced team who share knowledge and support one another, but most of all, it’s a chance to be part of one of South Africa’s most dynamic industries that builds our economy and grows our communities.Every employee at RBCT is tasked with upholding our core values:|
- We will not engage in any unsafe activity
- We treat each other with respect and dignity
- We care for the wellbeing of employees
- We work to the best of our ability
- We are innovative and pro-active
- We care for the environment
As an RBCT employee one enjoys access to:
- a culturally diverse work environment
- equal opportunities for all our employees
- innovation and accountability through the Mission Directed Work Teams process implemented across all departments
- a comprehensive Wellness and Disease Management service to maintain optimum health at work
- our Accelerated Development Programme (ADP) which focuses on the training and development of employees in line with agreed employment equity targets.
- key skills retention programmes including Adult Basic Literacy, Artisan Apprentice training, Management and Supervisory Development programmes amongst others.
RBCT’s bursary scheme focuses on the following key fields of study:
- Electrical and Mechanical engineering (BSc).
- B Sc. Electrical Engineering
- ND Mechanical Engineering
- ND Electrical Engineering
- B Sc. Computer Science/I.T.
RBCT offers traineeships to meet the future skills requirements of key positions at RBCT. Trainees include:
- Learnerships (registered with a Sector Education Training Authority (SETA);
- Learnerships (unregistered).