Posted Jobs 2
- Founded Since 1910
Petra Diamonds is a leading independent diamond mining group and an increasingly important supplier of rough diamonds to the international market. The Company has interests in four producing mines: four in South Africa (Finsch, Cullinan and Koffiefontein) and one in Tanzania (Williamson). It also maintains an exploration programme in Botswana.
Petra Diamonds has developed a dynamic company culture, in which our employees are encouraged to fulfil their full potential – help us build a world-class diamond company.
Internships are planned and recruited by Petra’s HR departments at the various operations. Available internship roles are therefore advertised in the jobs section of the website Penial Agency
Petra Diamonds is committed to develop and expand South Africa’s skills base. To this end Petra provides an opportunity for South Africans to acquire qualifications and skills to develop a career in the mining industry and make a positive contribution to South Africa.
Petra Diamonds offers bursaries and vocational work experience (internships) in the following fields:
- Engineering: Electrical, Mechanical, Mining, Metallurgy
- Earth Sciences: Geology
- Other Directions: Environmental management, Human Resources management, Financial management, Survey
Applicants are required to meeting the following selection criteria:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Have an Admission Point Score (APS) of 35 for Engineering and an APS of 31 for other directions of study
- Must be accepted for the selected course of study at a university
- Successfully complete panel interview assessment
- Have no criminal record and be medically fit to work in a mining environment, including underground workplaces
- Applicants who are currently studying at a recognised university or university of technology should demonstrate good results
- Applicants should be prepared to relocate to rural areas where the mining operations are located if required
- Candidates from local mining communities will have an advantage
- Full tuition fees
- Full residence and meals (or equivalent allowance)
- Annual cash and travel allowance
- Life skills training
- Compulsory practical vacation employment during December and January
- The bursary is renewable annually
The bursary carries a contractual obligation, for which the bursar is required to work for Petra Diamonds for a period equal to the study period of the bursary. Bursars who fail to graduate or do not take up employment for any reason are required to repay costs incurred.
HOW TO APPLY
The applicant must meet the minimum requirements as set out by Petra Diamonds below.
Interested applicants should register on-line (on the Career Wise website) by clicking here.
Careerwise will receive, scan and shortlist all applications. The final selection is made by Petra Diamonds.
Contact details at Career Wise are:
Telephone: 086 100 7787